Quality is the main essence to draw consumer’s attention. If a product glitters much but poor quality and service pull it to backward of the sales rake. Thus, quality department plays a vital role in the apparel industry. Importance of quality department is not only essential in apparel industry but also compulsory in any other manufacturing unit. They are highly trained and habituated to check each point of a product before dispatching and capable of handling any crucial issue. Thus, you can rely on their expertise. As you know, each buyer of apparel industry has an individual quality guideline, but basic points of quality procedure are same to all. A quality guy has to follow these basic points while going to measure a Jacket or top garments.
Now we will elaborate those point’s which are usually followed in the ready made garment industry.
1) Body Length (Front)
2) Body Length (Back)
3) Arm Hole
6) Zipper Length
7) Across Chest (Front)
10) Sleeve Opening
11) Shoulder Width
12) Across Chest (Back)
13) Sleeve Length
14) Top Collar Length
15) Neck Circumference
Let’s see these significant factors in the following articles:
1) Front Body: First lay the top garment on a QA table horizontally. Then measure straight through measuring tape from high point shoulder (HPS) to bottom of front body.
2) Back Body: Measure straight through measuring tape from high point shoulder (HPS) to bottom of back body.
3) Arm Hole Curve: Measure along curve seam from top of the shoulder to underarm point.
4) Chest: Measure straight through measuring tape across the body at 1″ below from armhole point.
5) Bottom: Measure straight through measuring tape across body below at 2″ above from bottom line.
6) Zipper Length: Measure from top zipper stopper to bottom zipper stopper.
7) Across Chest Front: Measure straight through measuring tape across front body at 7″ below from high point shoulder (HPS).
8) Waist: Measure straight through measuring tape across body at 21″ below from high point shoulder (HPS).
9) Bicep: Measure 1″ below through measuring tape from bottom of the armhole point then drag from underarm straight across to center fold of the sleeve.
10) Sleeve Opening: Measure straight through measuring tape from top of the sleeve cuff to the bottom of the sleeve cuff point.
11) Shoulder Width: Measure straight through measuring tape across from shoulder point to shoulder point at seam line of back body.
12) Across Chest Back: Measure straight through measuring tape across back body at 7″ below from high point shoulder (HPS).
13) Sleeve Length: Measure from center back neck (CBN) straight to armhole seam then turn it to edge of the cuff through measuring tape.
14) Top Collar Length: Measure from center front (CF) top collar point to center back (CB) top edge of the collar along with the top line.
15) Neck Circumference: Tie the neckline and put down on a QA table horizontally. Then measure along neckline or edge of neck seam by following curve line through measuring tape from center front to center back.
Here, I have tried to express a critical topic simply. But many of you may not understand it properly without visual sighting. Thus, I have enclosed a power point slideshow for your reference to understand this clumsy topic easily. After watching my power point slideshow, I think above issue will be clear to you. Please find it through my google drive link. Please hit the link to download your desired file.