Cutting is one of the toughest and decisive process in garments production because once the fabric has been cut, few option to be appeared for rectification if a serious mistake happens. We have got a rough idea by the previous article of the usability of several cutting device using in the apparel industry. Usually, following matters should be considered before choice cutting methods:
1. Number and quality of cutting appliance in the cutting room.
4. Volume of production-> straight knife & computerized techniques for high volume but for small quantity can use manual techniques.
5. Number of plies or layer height-> band knife for up to 6″ height, straight knife for higher height. If use round knife then the layer height must not cross 40% of the blade diameter.
6. Type of garment parts-> straight knife & round knife cutting device useful for bigger parts. Band knife is helpful for cutting sharp corner like piping/loop etc. Auto arm cutter for having puffiness items like padding or something, die cutter for small parts like pockets, cap, shoes, embroidery applique, shoulder pads & backpack etc.
7. Nature of fiber in the fabric-> before selecting cutting process, nature of fiber should be considered. Laser cutting may not be useful for thermoplastic fibers; water jet is suitable for little absorbency fibers like polyester; puffiness item like padding should not be cut by die cutter etc. So, fabric nature always plays an important role in choice cutting techniques.
8. Cutting speed-> computerized techniques is required to get higher speed and output.