There are five basic needs for a human being to make their lives happier. Garments are one of the most important elements of the five basic needs. It’s a natural truth that men or women always become pleased by wearing lucrative dresses. Thus, fashion industries are handling a million dollar business every year. Fashion is a productive sector where someone can earn much than less investment. Latent talent and creativity are the essential weapons to lead in this arena.
Liaison office: There is a close relation between liaison office and buying house. Liaison office is an individual agent who is supposed to work only under nominated buyer. It is representative of one buyer and has to overlook assign buyers interest. Usually, prominent buyer set up a liaison office to follow up particular territories vendor’s function.
It can do business many ultimate buyers. It is also a lucrative business for someone with money and status. This is also alluring for employees considering job evaluation in accordance with job description. Someone needs knowledge, courage, channel, commitment and money to select this business venture. The employees have to be skilled in costing, sample quality, workmanship, washing effect, overall look, measurement, fabric, accessories and supply chain management
. So, various sorts of employees are recruited like merchandiser, quality personal and other required employees. Buying house procures the order from buyers and places the order to the vendors.
Basically, they convince the buyers of other countries who wish to procure wearers for their brand. Then they make contact with garment manufacturers who have the ability to produce such kind of items by executing buyer’s criteria. Thus, they help both parties to make a deal by keeping both interests. So, they require some proactive skillful merchandiser to monitor bulk order and execution, some quality expert to keep an eye on products quality, some sample maker with a technician to provide a quality sample, some logistic manager to monitor exportation and some others office executives
to accomplish other official tasks.
Usually, they have to set-up their own sample room to make it faster in regard to represent to buyers. In addition, they display all wearers in a rack arranging under each brand for the convenience of buyers. Many of us thought that base elements of garment buying house are one furnished workstation with chair-table, cabinet, computer/laptop, telephone, internet connection with some testing machine and equipment. But the most important element of this house is skilled manpower that will expedite all functions smoothly.
Working process of a Buying House:
Each organization has its own working module or working trend. The process may differ from organization to organization but everyone chases for success. Let’s find some narrative discussion regarding the working process of a buying house:
1) First of all merchandising manager will contact with the buyer and send their profile. They have to make buyer required sample or offer their self-made sample to the buyer. Please remember sample is followed by costing.
2) Buying house select a qualified factory
to do bulk production as per profile and ES (Ethical Standard) Evaluation. Generally, aristocratic buyers always prefer to produce their bulk production in green factory. It would be better if the factory audited by recognized firms like Oeko-Tex, SGS, and WRAP etc. It will give additional advantage to work with renowned buyers and manufacturers may deal with buyers regarding price issue.
3) Buying house has to do bargaining with the vendor about costing, recap costing and final costing. They try to have the vendor to squeeze rock bottom price for every style. Costing and sample are very vital for clinching orders defeating the competitors.
4) Product development
merchandiser sourcing the material and develop the sample. Proto sample is sent with initial costing, paper pattern and measurement deviation chart to the buyer.
5) Usually, buyer technician/ product developer scrutinize the sample and advice to make a correction by recap sample if discrepancy found.
6) There are many stages of sampling like as 1st proto, 2nd proto, recap, aesthetic, and ADM, AFM and fit sample. Various buyers give various names. But Fit sample is the almost ultimate sample. If fit sample is approved that means the order is confirmed then it indicates a great relief to the merchandiser. There are some more samples are required by buyers like salesman, pp and catalog sample. These all samples are made by the vendor which has to monitor by buying house merchandiser.
7) Once order is confirmed then the task will be transferred from development merchandiser to production merchandiser. Production merchandiser will book the fabric and trims then need to sit with factory manager to make a production plan based on material estimate time of arrival (ETA).
8) Generally, production merchandiser follows up the total production sequence. His job description is purchase bulk fabric, accessories, procurement of materials, monitor daily production report, washing recipe, finishing items, booking confirm in forwarder or shipping in retail link etc.
9) QC is liable to check the inline production output. He or she has to follow AQL. There is one popular QC checking system named aero- plane system.
10) Many tests are also executed in buying house biz button pull test, rubbing test, fabric weight, and lab dip etc. In addition, numerous checking is done by buying house merchandiser and technician like fabric shade, puckering, SPI, washing stiffness, silicone softness, stone croaking effect, hand feel, measurement deviation, sand-blast, accessories placement etc.
11) Finished goods have to be inspected before ex-factory
/shipment at factory premises. Please make sure that who will inspect the goods before delivery. If buyer representative does it, it is well and good but if third party does it then who will pay their charges.
12) After doing ex-factory, buying house has to send commercial invoice, packing list and other necessary documents to buyer to get special tariff to entrance into recipient country.
Buying house has to do numerous tasks which begin from the meeting with buyer and finally the deal will be accomplished by collecting commission from buyers.