Some preliminary steps would be followed before marker making to gain optimum margin in bulk production. Nowadays modern technologies are used to gain marker efficiency. If it is not available then manual method is used to do marker making. Fabric characteristics, Standards of Fabric Utilization, Grain Line Orientation, and Characteristics of Pattern Pieces are the main factors that affect marker efficiency. Those common tricks are describing below.
* Cutting Table: marker planner should consider the cutting table length and width before marker making. Cutting table length must be more than the marker length for smooth operation.
* Fabric part: an expert marker maker should amalgamate all big parts together during marker making and then insert other small parts into the gap to enhance the marker efficiency. They have to understand that about 90% marker efficiency is desired to garments manufacturer.
* Fabric Faults: marker man should consider fabric quality report during marker making. If found any defects in a fabric roll and it was marked by quality that points must be avoided for quality production and to least the fabric wastage.
* Marking Grain Line: the grain line of pattern and fabric must be marked before start marker making. It will optimize marker efficiency.
* Fabric Measurement: fabric width must be measured carefully before marker making. Because, marker width always depends on fabric width to minimize lose. Moreover, fabric ply should be 1” (one inch) bigger than marker width to remove uneven fabric edge.
However, for greater interest, a marker maker needs to work with freedom and efficiently but for maintaining proper quality some criteria must be followed. That is why there are some limitations of marker making. Qualified marker man is required to improve the marker efficiency as profit margin depends on it.