In the contest of manufacturing sector production efficiency is the most burning elements. All efforts might go in vain if the output quantities of finished items are not satisfactory what you desire from production line. Production efficiency is considered as number of finished goods by consuming total manpower and machinery's in a certain period.
We can figure out per day production output from a particular line or unit by following formulas.
Production efficiency per day = (Total working hour x Number of machine x Unit produced by operator per hour)
Please find a chart to watch the improvement of productivity after taking initiative in production process.
Suppose, if a garment production floor having 80 machines and working time is 8 hours per day. Every operator is capable to produce around 20 pieces polo shirt per hour then end of the day production quantity will be?
Production quantity per day = (80 x 8 x 20) = 12,800 units.
How can we improve productivity?
There is a close relation between above three factors. Let’s find the intimacy of these factors.
1. If number of total machine is increased to get extra productivity what will be the outcome? Only boost up of machinery's is not better solution unless we increase operators proportionally. To get optimize outcome of extra machine need extra skilled manpower. Suppose, if machine quantity increase from 80 to 100 then production units will be 100 x 8 x 20 = 16000 units/day.
2. Productivity can be increased by prolong the working hour. Suppose, if operators working hour increase from 8 to 10 hours then what will be the effect. Productivity must be increased and factory may desire more units than earlier 80 x 10 x 20 = 16000 units/day.
3. Productivity can be improved by increasing operator’s quantity. But machine and equipment's need to be increased proportionally according to operators otherwise manpower becomes idle due to lack of equipment's.
4. Productivity can be improved by some other ways like motivation, training or skill improvement program. It has been observed that around 10% of productivity can be increased by giving higher training and motivation. Suppose, if operators produce 20 pieces per hour before but after giving training they will produce 22 pieces. So, factories production unit will be 80 x 8 x 22 = 14080 units/day.
5. Productivity can be improved by implementing modern technology. Some working step can be minimized or removed by setting up computerized advanced equipment's in lieu of human beings. Beside this some unique working method can be implemented for smooth production process like Lean Sigma, GSD, Work study engineering etc. Then, factory may desire more units than earlier.
- 6:58 AM
In the contest of manufacturing sector production efficiency is the most burning elements. All eff...